HOW TO MAKE BUTTERMILK
Buttermilk is a ticker low fat or full-fat milk, sold in a grocery store under the name, ‘buttermilk’, used to add creamy richness to our dishes, it can be used for pancakes, fried chicken, bread, cakes, and other baked foods. Buttermilk can be slightly sour, because of the combination of lactic acid with milk, and actually, buttermilk does not contain butter, although it is a by-product of butter.
Storing buttermilk in your freezer doesn’t usually work most time, and chances are if you buy buttermilk regularly you have probably disposed off one that spoilt at a time. We don’t always get the chance to stop by a supermarket always, probably because of time or distance. But after reading this masterpiece, you won’t have to go to a store just to get buttermilk anymore, because am going to share with you three awesome tricks to make a homemade alternative to buttermilk, that is as good as the once from the grocery stores.
HOW TO MAKE BUTTERMILK
1. APPLE VINEGAR AND MILK: For the first method, you only need two ingredients; One cup of milk, and two spoon full of either of a vinegar(white or apple cider vinegar) or lemon. The main purpose of adding either vinegar or lemon is to provide the milk with acid, for it to curdle.
So just add two table spoon full off vinegar or lemon to a cup of milk, then stir evenly, then leave for about thirty minutes to an hour for it to cuddle. Then its is ready to use.
2. SOUR CREAM AND MILK: The next recipe requires sour cream and milk. This is pretty easy, all you have to do is add an halve a cup of sour cream to half a cup of whole milk. The stir together, and … its ready to serve!
3. WATER AND SOUR CREAM: Simply add one quarter cup ( 1/4 cup) of water to 3/4 cup of sour cream, then stir properly until it is mixed completely, and it ready to go. You just made yourself a great alternative to grocery stores buttermilk, with just water and sour cream.
4. WHOLE MILK AND CREAM OF TARTAR: Add one and 3/4 table spoon of cream of tartar, to 1 cup of whole milk, stir properly, then leave for about ten minutes, and it will be ready for serving.
5. YOGURT AND MILK: Our last recipe for making an home made buttermilk also requires just two ingredient as well. All you need here a 3/4 cup of a plain whole yogurt, and a 1/4 cup of whole milk.
You have to pour the 1/4 cup of milk into the 3/4 cup of plain whole yogurt, then stir it evenly. For this method you do not need a waiting time, after you have evenly stirred your the mixture in a cup, then a perfect butter milk alternative is ready to be served.
Making an home made alternative to grocery store butter milk is pretty simple, and it can be done with vary little ingredients, as all the recipes given in the examples above only requires 2 ingredients each, it is also easy and fast, can even be done by a kid. Only one of the methods require up to one hour processing(the apple vinegar and milk method), while other methods requires 20 minutes or less. I believe with these masterpiece you can now easily make yourself a buttermilk from home, without having to rush down to a grocery store.
To give any feedback, kindly leave a comment in the comment section below, and we will be most glad to response to you, as soon as possible.